TheLastMan wrote:
> I am presuming here that you have already installed Foobar 2000 and know
> the basics. Also a lot of this is dependent on how accurate your tags
> are.  It uses the Artist and Track name tags so you will get errors if
> these are not correct.  If you are rather anal about these things, like
> me, you will not have an issue.
>
> Download foobar “Seek” plugin zip file from *'here'
> (http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=88654)* and the
> “Lyric Show Panel 3” zip file from *'here'
> (http://www.foobar2000.org/components/view/foo_uie_lyrics3)*
>
> There is no need to unzip them, foobar does this as part of the install
> process.
>
> In foobar go to file, Preferences, Components and install both plugins.
> Press “apply” and the program will restart.
>
> Once the plugins are installed go to File, Preferences, Tools, Lyric
> Show 3
>
> LYRIC SEARCHING TAB
> On the first tab your main choice is to decide whether you want “time
> stamped” lyrics that will scroll and synchronise with the music karaoke
> style, or whether you just want a straight text tag.
> The options are:
> - Only synced
> - Only non-synced
> - Prefer synced
> - Prefer non-synced
> - No preference
>
> Neither the Controller, nor either of the apps I use (Logitech and
> Orange Squeeze) can use the time stamping so I chose "only non-synced".
> Synced files have time data and HTML characters alongside the lyrics so
> are virtually unreadable unless your player can use the data.
>
> If you use iPeng you might want to ask Pippin whether his app can use
> the time stamps.
>
> You then have to choose the order in which the plugin searches the
> various databases. I have no idea which is better so just shifted the
> “Timestamped” servers to the bottom.
>
> LYRIC SAVING TAB
> Tick (check) “Enable automatic save”
> “Save method” is “Save to tag” *(very important!)*
> It is crucial that the un-synced Lyric tag is set to “LYRICS” otherwise
> Orange Squeeze and the Controller won’t read it.
> If you like your lyrics synced you will need to experiment with the
> synced lyric tag and your choice of control software. Again perhaps
> Pippin can advise.
>
> I have ignored the “Advanced” tab, nothing critical here as far as I can
> tell.
>
> That is it for the Lyric Show 3 plugin.
>
> The “Preview” option in the seek plugin is set up from the normal
> “Playback” menu.
>
> IMPLEMENTATION
> Add all the files and folders you want to tag to the playlist.  Go to
> Playback, Seek Control, Preview length and select what you want. I found
> that the minimum, 6 seconds, was more than enough. Then choose Playback,
> Seek Control and tick Preview.
>
> Press “Play” and then go away!
> [...]

Should this process still work?
_Or_is_there_a_new_way_to_do_this_in_Foobar?_ Can anyone advise - I see
Seek is way old now, and Lyrics plugin hasn't been updated for a few
years.

i have installed and got the process to work - but its unstable (e.g.
crashes every couple of thousand tracks if you have a long playlist).

*Hi-Fi 1*: QNAP HS-453DX NAS+QLMS/Allo USBridge Signature+Shanti
LPS/Cirrus ESS Sabre 32-bit Reference DAC (Oppo 105D)/Yamaha Aventage
CX-A5000/Focal SM9s.
*Hi-Fi 2*: Sqbox Touch+Shanti LPS/Focal XS Books.
*Hi-Fi 3*: PC+Squeezelite-X+Material Skin/Focal XS Books.
*Hi-Fi Misc*: iPeng (iPad/iPhones)/Plantronics BB Pro 2 LE Headphones.
*Accessories*: Tchernov -Classic- & Van den Hul ICs; Thor PS10 Power
Station; Blue Jeans & Ruleconnect Cables (Power, HDMI, USB & Coaxial);
Aurios & Vibrapods.