CypherMK wrote:
> I think I'm gonna buy a pi 4. My current pi is too slow for the job.
> Some questions. What OS do you run on the the pi 4? NOOBS, or max2play
> or.....
> And would you recommend 4 gb or is 1 gb enough? I have over 50000 FLAC
> tracks.I had issues with Max2Play where after updating the OS with
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
the Pi wouldn't boot. If you don't update then you are stuck with the
old kernel with the high temperatures that go with it.
I also had issues with hd-idle not working so gave up and started with
plain Raspbian Buster. YMMV.
I also went with 4GB as when I used a Pi3 I needed a large swap space.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk