schiff1108 wrote:
> Good to hear. But have no clue what to do.
> The plugin is not showing up anymore in the list of 3rd party plugins.

Here are some hints - but you will need to do this manually, so be
careful.

1) Locate the plugin files on your squeezeserver. On my system (Debian
Linux) this is the directory:

var/lib/squeezeboxserver/cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/AutoRescan

(If you already uninstalled the plugin and thee files are no longer
there you can still download them from github:

https://github.com/hickinbottoms/autorescan

2) Copy the files in this directory  to another directory (i. e. your
home directory) and create another copy somewhere as a backup

3) If the plugin still shows as "installed" in the squeezeer settings,
uninstall it.

4) Edit the file install.xml. Change the lines:

Code:
--------------------
        <targetApplication>
                <id>Squeezebox Server</id>
                <minVersion>7.7</minVersion>
                <maxVersion>7.9+</maxVersion>
        </targetApplication>
--------------------

to:

Code:
--------------------
        <targetApplication>
                <id>Squeezebox Server</id>
                <minVersion>7.7</minVersion>
                <maxVersion>8.0+</maxVersion>
        </targetApplication>

5) Locate the folder for local plugins on your system. In my case this
is:

/var/lib/squeezeboxserver/Plugins

6) Create a folder named "AutoRescan" in this directoy

7) Copy the plugin files in this directory and restart the server