Paul Webster wrote:
> I have just made a plugin for RTE stations - it shows information about
> the programme that you are streaming (title, synopsis, playing time and
> image) but no song info and no access to their archive to listen again
> to things.
>
> If there is some interest then I'll release it - but I could do with
> someone in a different timezone to Dublin to test it (they present the
> timestamps as Dublin local without a timezone so I have to try to handle
> it ... which I think I have done).
>
> I think I also need to work out how to add Listen Again capabilities to
> the plugins that I have built ... I expect I'll have to look more
> closely at iPlayer plugin to see how to do it.

I can help.

It's been years since I looked at RTE content as they were all over the
place with different technologies.
Their Listen Again archive wasn't amenable to processing - each program
had a web site which needed screen scraping.
Podcasts are emphasised by RTE but often no 3rd party conmtent (e.g.
documentaries, news programs etc no music)

I doubt if iPlayer is any use since RTE use MP3 streams.

I think the best approach may be to look at the "app" and see what
formats are being used for data.