Wigster wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I didn't want to polute the main iPlayer thread but I have a question on
> BBC Sounds.
>
> I suspect this is a completely different API and not available to third
> parties, but:
>
> Is there some way of surfacing the My Sounds list on LMS, in particular
> the latest ones. I subscribe to a bunch of programmes and it would be
> good to see them in (reverse) chronological order instead of going
> through the menus every time. It would require a login etc, and may not
> be open to third parties without $$$, but maybe it's doable

Currently with the unapproved APIs of BBC that BBCiPlayerExtra uses, it
is just about OK - a couple of times a year there is a change which
requires an update.

To try to use a secure unpublished API, I think is just asking for
trouble.  I maintain BBCiPlayer and BBCiPlayerExtra because I use the
functionality daily.  I have no motivation to tackle BBC Sounds - there
is nothing stopping someone else implementing a BBC Sounds Plugin and
hook into the BBCiPlayer programme playing mechanism (it is just an URL)
- this is what BBCiPlayerExtra foes.