slartibartfast wrote:
> I have noticed this for a while but I am not sure if it is intentional.
> The highlighted text has a graduated effect and darkens from top to
> bottom.

Intentional, and mentioned in the release note for 1.8.0: "6. Re-layout
portrait now-playing; cover is at top, all text is shown below (fade out
if insufficient space, scrollable), rating shown at top of cover."

Couldn't find an easy way to only have the fade when the text is
overflowing, so its always there - but you only see if the text reaches
the bottom few pixels. Without this the text would simply be cut-off,
and that would look worse.

*Material debug:* 1. Launch via http: //SERVER:9000/material/?debug=json
2. Open browser's developer tools 3. Open console tab in developer tools
4. REQ/RESP messages sent to/from LMS will be logged here.