Mankoman wrote:
> OH! It´s 7.7.3-r16676. How can i update it? If i go to the update-option
> in Touch->Settings i get "there is no new version available".
> Is there a manual process available?
>
> MyServer Logs says after trying to change the port from 9002 to 9000:
>
> [20-07-12 00:52:18.8817] Slim::Utils::Misc::msg (1256) Warning:
> [00:52:18.8807] Use of uninitialized value $port in numeric ne (!=) at
> /volume1/@appstore/SqueezeCenter/CPAN/HTTP/Daemon.pm line 56.
> [20-07-12 00:52:18.8831] Slim::Utils::Misc::msg (1256) Warning:
> [00:52:18.8822] Use of uninitialized value $port in concatenation (.) or
> string at /volume1/@appstore/SqueezeCenter/CPAN/HTTP/Daemon.pm line 56.

Also my Squeezebox Radio and Squeezebox Radio UE can´t connect to lms 8
after this update.

I can´t fix the problem, is there anybody out there, who can help?
nobody this problems after updateing to the new lms version 8?

Will downgrading the lms version back to lms 7.9 solve the problems?

My steps/problems are:

(1) i updatet my synology DS215j lms from 7.9 to 8. no problems. package
run´s very well and smooth for itself, all presets still available

(2) my syqueezebox touch, radio and radio ue can´t connect anymore to
lms 8, my touch says i have to update my lms-server to a new version
(?)

(3) i noticed since the update the lms-server runs on port 9002 and not
any more on 9000. trying to change this setting in the extended settings
of the lms doesn´t work correctl, see the server logfile. it only works
temporarily, when i restart the my lms it´s still port 9002, it looses
the new setting to 9000. if i change to port 9000 all my touch and
radios can connect to lms 8 without any problem. but if i reboot
lms-server, same problem.

(4) i can´t update my touch to an newer firmware. it only says i can
re-install the current one. interesting: if i do this, the touch can
connect to lms port 9002 for one time. if i restart touch or the lms on
synology, both can´t connect.

Seems like LMS8 have to run on Port 9000 all time, but looses settings
afer reboot und switches back to 9002, which can´t be reached correctly
from my squezebox touch and both radios.

Any help solving this? Will downgrading to lms 7.9 be possible and solve
the problem?

Greetings and thanx for the help and efforts in advance!