Laz wrote:

> A quick question - is it possible to run spotty in spotify connect mode
> *without* authentication.

I think I've answered my own question. I've fired up spotty as follows:

./spotty -n testname -b 320 --lms serverhost:9000 --player-mac
<playermac>

I've done this one two pcs - the server running lms and on my own
desktop, and I've connected to a squeezelite player, a squeezebox 2 and
a group made up of these two. In each instance, I was able to connect to
these players from a spotify app and play long and short tracks from
pink flag without problem.

I'm very much guessing here, but is it possible that when things are
crashing out, we have a conflict between the spotty authentication and
the spotify app authentication when playing in spotifyconnect mode. If
this is the case, would it be possible to switch the spotty mode
between:

- Spotty with authentication for LMS control.
- Spotty with no authentication for spotifyconnect control via an
spotify app.

I'll see if I can get something approaching this behaviour in my setup
and report back.

Cheers,

Larry