Cut-Throat wrote:
> Thanks for your help, but I am a bit confused when you said you 'Shut
> down PcP' -- I was just clicking on the gpio-poweroff button.
> I tried something using Pin #2 on your diagram - as my tiny fan wires
> would not reach to Pin #11 .... I could not get it to work.

Hmmm, not really sure on the use case for this, my expectation was
providing a state indicator for pCP... powered on or powered off, so
external equipment can be turned off and on automatically at the same
time as pCP, and that seems to be what it is doing, I cannot find the
document the <more> link references.

When I click on the gpio-poweroff button it asks if I want to reboot,
click on yes and it saves the changes (even if no changes have been
made) and reboots pCP, click on no and it saves the changes and warns
you need to reboot at some time. This is on pCP V5

I've just reconfigured gpio-poweroff for GPIO2 and tested again, and
that behaves the same as my GPIO17 test, I'm just using a multimeter to
check for 3.3v on the various pins so real current draw, no doubt Greg
is spot on with his advice re the gpio driving a switch rather than the
fan itself.

Kev