Grumpy Bob wrote:
> ...I have a number of albums by what appears to be a rotating group of
> musicians - usually 3 or 4 on the album (each track on the album has the
> same artists). ...I used multiple Album Artist tags by entering the
> individual artists in the Album Artist field in my tagging software,
> separated by semicolons. LMS recognises these...
>
> The neat thing is that clicking on one of those Album Artist fields
> takes me to that artist, which helps in navigation.

I don't think Material is at fault here. Rather it is how the Artist and
Album Artist tags are being used. In your scenario (which is the same as
mine), you should reverse how the fields are being used. There should be
three or four Artist entries, separated by a semicolon and only a single
Album Artist.

Artist: https://musicbrainz.org/doc/Artist

Album Artist: https://musicbrainz.org/doc/Release#Artist

I use a single Album Artist (even if it is a copy of the track artist)
for all albums. Where necessary, individual tracks have multiple
artists, each separated by a semicolon (although LMS does not require it
be a semicolon — this is a configurable option on the Behaviors page,
along with how one wants to treat the Album Artist field).

Here's my example. Morgan Page is the Album Artist.

31796

When I click the "In The Air" album I see the tracks. Each track lists
each track artist. (Notice Track 6 only lists Morgan Page, but others
list multiple artists.)

31797

When I click "More..." I see the album artist and track artists. Each of
them is clickable and takes me to a page with their listings.

31798

BTW: I made this exact same mistake with my own tags many years ago.
Fortunately, with mp3tag and other software it's relatively easy to move
the information around.

|Filename: track-more.png                                           |
|Download: http://forums.slimdevices.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=31798|