SeanBurlington wrote:
> Yep - and I'm curious if this might be possible but for now the mp3
> approach does what I want
A couple of years ago, I worked up a prototype of a Slimproto in JS and
using HTML AudioWorkers (??) .
Main problem is that for client to work with LMS it needs a full duplex
TCP connection - I tried with WebSockets but LMS AnyEvent is too old.
There are also problems with AudioWorkers.

To have a Slimproto solution, you need to have a full duplex connection
with LMS. - not HTTP.

> It is possible to store significant amounts of data in places like
> indexdb
>
> Not the whole of a collection - but enough to be usefu

Be careful. LMS is tolerated by streaming services with plugins is
because it does not offer a way to save streamed audio offline.  Saving
audio may infringe rights and so incur litigation.