I notice that in that one you suggest that LSM 7.7 is too old, although
it has been running successfully for many months for me.

Apologies I don't know the difference between spotty helper and new
Spotty plugin but many users have experienced sudden odd problems
because some internet services changeover from http to https overnight
without warning.  LMS 7.7.* cannot handle modern TLS https services and
so you will get problems for example accessing LMS plugin repositories.

I don't think this has been a problem with Spotty (yet). But I'd strongly recommend to update LMS anyway.

--

Michael