Paul Webster wrote:
> I can repeat it, or at least something like it, when using the regular
> LMS.
> I have not worked out why it happens yet ... but my guess is that the
> plugin is getting a call when the playlist item is added to the list ...
> which is not something that I had allowed for.
>
> What might be the problem is that I hold information in the plugin about
> what it thinks is playing on the current device ... and did not expect
> to get called for what will be coming up later so I can imagine that it
> could become confused.
>
> I'll see what I can do about it but I suspect it will not be a quick fix
> as there is a lot going on here where I am at the moment.

IIRC the HTTP metadata handler calls a "getmetadatafor" type routine
which provides values for client and URL.

For BBCiPlayer I found LMS calls the the getmetadafor routine everytime
LMS needed metadata even for items in a playlist.  I identified an item
in a playing playlist (i.e. $client->isPlaying is true) by checking for
the $song from the URL - if not defined it is not playing (i.e. not
current) and in playlist for client.

Code:

  #  As supplied URL might be for a playlist item and one that is not actually
streaming so use currentSongForUrl instead of streamingSong or
streamingSongforUrl
        my $song = $client->currentSongForUrl($url) ;