Sorry to be a bit slow on this - I did try and follow the recent posts
but I'm still not clear.

I used to Stream Spotify Connect to a Chromecast Audio and was reliably
informed that Spotify doesn't officially support streaming to Chromecast
Audio. In the Spotify Android app  the google hardware shows up as
*Google cast* rather than *Connect*. Spotify converts their stream to
AAC (as used in spotify the web player). This casting at AAC 256kbit/s
is inferior to regular Spotify Connect of 320 kbits/s.

Generally earlier spotty showed in LMS streaming as Ogg Vorbis at
320kbits but now every track shows as -705kbps CBR, Ogg Vorbis (Spotify)
(Converted to FLAC)-. I assume that even though this looks like it is a
higher bitrate, it won't offer any improvement as the original stream is
at 320 kbps. Also why is it necessary to do the conversion now anyway?

Hoping someone can clarify for me.

regards
Nicholas