Hi everyone,

I've gathered a lot of useful information from this forums so far, so
thanks. I'm really enjoying the LMS, Squeezelite-X, Castbridge and
Spotty combination (running on a Windows 10 PC/server), and I'm so glad
I stuck with this over Roon, which I trialled last year.

However, I am having a bit of a a regular issue with Castbridge
crashing, which I've tried a number of steps to resolve, unsuccessfully.
I'm hoping someone will be able to help, as I've reached a bit of a dead
end with troubleshooting myself.

Background:

The issue occurs with all 3 of my Chromecast Audios, along with a group
set up containing them. When the issue occurs, Chromecast Audio playback
stops and LMS switches to another device. I can restart playback on the
same device immediately following this.

In the Castbridge log, I see the following entry on each occasion (I can
post a full log file if needed):

Retarting Squeeze2cast after crash:
C:\PROGRA~3\SQUEEZ~1\Cache\INSTAL~1\Plugins\CASTBR~1\Bin\SQUEEZ~1.EXE -Z
-I -f C:\ProgramData\Squeezebox\Logs\castbridge.log -d cast=debug -x
C:\ProgramData\Squeezebox\prefs\castbridge.xml

Timing of the issue is intermittent. Sometimes it happens regularly
throughout a single album but at other times several hours can pass
between crashes.

The crashes occur regardless of content (mp3, FLAC, local or
streamed/radio content), so I know it's not corrupt audio files.

Troubleshooting steps completed:

- Confirmed no issues with casting via other methods (Spotify app, BBC
Sounds etc.) over a long period of time to any CCA/group.
- Reset and reconfigured my 3 Chromecast Audios.
- Removed and re-added Home group containing these devices
- Tested with different devices in the group - the same issue always
occurs
- Crash occurs regardless of which device or group is used, so doesn't
appear to be hardware related
- Full Wi-Fi strength to all CCAs. Pinged to each CCA to confirm no
network drop at the time of the crash. 1/2ms constant response times to
each CCA
- Removed and re-added all CCAs to Castbridge
- Removed and re-added Castbridge from my LMS setup
- Audio format to CCA is PCM (Flow). Not tested others as this is mode I
need, but I can do if needed.
- Set Remove timeout to -1 for all players
- LMS volume changes - different options tested and currently set to to
"ignore all changes"

Thanks for any help offered. If you need any more information, please
let me know.

Pete.