Jeff07971 wrote:
> I use the powersave plugin that switches off the Player after a period
> of inactivity, then the stop button becomes a direct power off (after a
> delay anyway) button

I use that as well for one player (the PirateAudio one) which switches
off the backlight when squeezelite is powered off. But for the others I
mostly see the "power off" as a "stop synching" function. It stops the
player from streaming, but doesn't really change much else in the
physical power usage.. In the squeezelite/LMS universe "power off" seems
to be a bit of a confusing term, especially when using synched players.

What is relevant for connected powered speakers is the "close output"
setting. On my Hifiberry Digi it turns off the output on the SPDIF when
nothing is playing which then triggers my speakers to go to sleep.