cortegedusage wrote:
> Everytime I tried the plugin I couldn't get it to work properly, streams
> mostly stopped around 10-20 minutes.
>
> But now I seemed to have found a solution, thought I'd put it here for
> anyone who might be interested.
>
> Apart from the mixcloud plugin i've also installed the playmp4 plugin
> from bpa and ffmpeg by hand.
> then in filetypes mpeg4 I disabled AAC and FLAC for MPEG4 playback and
> then enabled PCM so ffmpeg decodes to pcm,
> from then on I can play mixcloud tracks to the end.
>
> I'm not sure what's going on there, but I think the decoding changes
> something in the stream, or ffmpeg downloads the whole stream at once,
> anyhowI will keep playing mixcloud tracks and see if it works on all
> tracks. But for now I'm one happy camper.
>
> On a sidenote I should mention that it starts kindof slow, and that
> playing two mixcloud streams after each other doesn't seem to work so
> well. This is on a PI4 running dietpi...
>
> Cheers!
> Dennis

Thanks for sharing Dennis - I am massively frustrated by the ~20 minute
cutoff from Mixcloud. I'm trying to reproduce your work-around. I'm
looking for 'playmp4 plugin' from bpa - but I can't find it anywhere :(
Can you provide a link.

Also, in File Types, I have 'MPEG-4' and 'MPEG-4 leading audio'. I
assume I should be configuring MPEG-4. The options for stream formats
(AAC, FLAC MP3, PCM) only allow 'Disabled' or 'Native/Faad-*' - I guess
'ffmpeg' will become an option when I have ffmpeg and the appropriate
plugin are correctly installed?

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated :)