rootee wrote:
> "Use unsupported extensions" is _un_checked for me...
Good. That avoids one possible source.

> Ok, so you're saying that there can still remain rogue, incompatible
> plugins (E.g. NPR Radio) users can install, even if "Use unsupported
> extensions" is _un_checked, unless developers fix their repo XML's?
Yes but in this case they don't install - they are on the list to be
installed but never get installed as they fail validation but LMS will
probably try to install at next startup.

If developer had made a mistake or omitted something (plugin updates are
rarely done at leisure) - plugin install may fail at one of many points
or may partially succeed (e.g. wrong name in URL, bad checksum, error in
code).

The main point is that LMS hasn't crashed or broken anything else so
current methods are adequate.  If you feel LMS must be improved - just
write the code and submit the pull request.