sachadog wrote:
> Hi Philippe,
>
> Believe me I am reading your posts and I've tried all ways to get this
> system working.  If I "apply" the settings prior to music replay, the
> system will not work.  The player goes into Pause mode and I have to
> reset it.  It's as though, the WiFi signal contains a command that the
> player sees as to go into "Pause".  This goes for ANY of my WiFi players
> (incl. WiFi Radio's and wireless Speakers).  They all stop replay if the
> setting "Apply" is used, either on the bridge settings or on control
> panel.  If it was only the Cambridge Audio CXNv2, I would have concluded
> it was not compatible with its operating system.

Code:
--------------------
  >   >
  > That does not make sense. Clicking 'apply' when the player does nothing
will not cause any harm. The bridge will restart, detect the player and it will
re-appear in LMS, but setting parameters like transcode and flow will not
change anything at this point. Then, when you try to play a track from LMS,
this is where problems can happen, I agree. But if they appear *just when you
change mode from thru to flac with flow and click apply* then it means you are
clicking while the player is playing something.
  >   > >   >
>   > I pressed apply during playback as part of testing different browsers
>   > and different actions.  There's no difference between browsers, they
>   > don't seem to interfere with any replay actions.
>   >   >   >
  > Well, as I said multiple times: do NOT do that!
  >   > >   >
>   > The only sure way I get the system to work, with artwork and in Flac is
>   > to not press apply at any stage whatsoever.  Which means I lose the
>   > settings everytime the computer is closed down.  I then get track by
>   > track playback, which is fine, it's better than nothing at all.  The
>   > same applies to my WiFi radios which have colour screens and of course
>   > the wireless speakers just stop replay.  I am able to see, via an App,
>   > what signal the wireless speakers are receiving.
>   >   >   >
  > No for heaven's sake, if you change parameters and don't click apply, you
have not changed anything - they are not taken into account at all, it is
useless! Leave parameters as they are then because just changing them does
NOTHING. You don't "lose" them because you have never used them
  >   > >   >
>   > Unless someone comes up with a bright idea, I don't see a way of getting
>   > the system to work using the apply button.  At the end of the day we all
>   > want the system to work.  >   >
  > Again and again, there is no point changing parameters if you don't apply
them. IT DOES NOT DO ANYTHING, LEAVE THEM AS THEY ARE THEN

LMS 8.1.x on Odroid-C4 - *SqueezeAMP!*, 5xRadio, 5xBoom, 2xDuet,
1xTouch, 1xSB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000,
ShairPortW, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, Squeezelite on Pi,
Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5, RivaArena 1 & 3