MichaelPr wrote:
> This is really a kind off odd. With Android 8 and Chrome 89.0.4.4389.105
> it does not work at all on two different phones - even if I clear
> Program Data/ Cache it changes nothing. With Android 11 on a Pixel 4a
> and Chrome 89.0.4.4389.105 it works w/o any problems. Using Adblock
> Browser 2.7.0./ Chromium 88.0.4324.181 on the other both Android 8
> phones it works, too.

Not sue what's wrong then. If you look at the "selects" at
https://v15.vuetifyjs.com/en/components/selects - scroll down to the
'Examples' section (that has examples with 'foo', 'bar', 'buzz')  Does
that also show the issue? Material uses the vuetify.js framework, and
this page is its docs/example page for selects.

MichaelPr wrote:
> A silly question - from where and how do I use the Material Android APK?

Best is to install https://f-droid.org/ and then use that package
manager to install Material (search for LMS). F-droid is a collection of
open-source apps for Android, using this you will be notified of any
updates.

*Material debug:* 1. Launch via http: //SERVER:9000/material/?debug=json
(Use http: //SERVER:9000/material/?debug=json,cometd to also see update
messages, e.g. play queue) 2. Open browser's developer tools 3. Open
console tab in developer tools 4. REQ/RESP messages sent to/from LMS
will be logged here.