SamY wrote:
> Good news! I was able to re-create the situation with my fix applied and
> it worked like a champ.  It will be included in v4.0.  No more needless
> trips through the house to fiddle with the AVR, David. You will finally
> be able to achieve true "couch potato" nirvana.  ;-)
>
> In other good news, I have been talking to the author of the Squeeze
> Ctrl app about adding support for muting in the UI.  While he informed
> me that there is more extensive functionality for muting in the Windows
> 10 version of the app (a separate purchase on the Microsoft Store), he
> also indicated that a player can be muted and unmuted on the "Manage
> Players" screen of the Android app by clicking on the speaker button,
> which is directly under the power button. Sure enough, it works great.
> Another thing I discovered on my own is that it is also possible to
> trigger the "hardware muting" plugin function from the "Now Playing"
> screen by pressing the "volume down" and "volume up" buttons in quick
> (within 0.25 secs) succession. I'm really loving the Squeeze Ctrl app,
> btw. One of my favorite features is the ability to cast the album art
> and track info to the Chromecast on my home theater TV. It's a great
> feature for laying back and streaming one of the Paradise Radio flac
> streams, which I often like to do, without having to constantly check my
> phone to see what artist/song is currently playing.

All very interesting! Looking forward to 4.0 :-)

*Server*rpi3 pCP7.0.1 LMS8.1.2
*Media*USB hard drive
*Lounge/dining areas*SBT > Denon AVR2113  > Bose Acoustimass10 / Krix
Seismix3 18" 300w RMS custom cinema sub (& AR 77XB t/table, Stanton
680MkII / Grado F-1+ > NAD7155 to phono pre-amp > Amp+)
*Family/kitchen*SBT > Denon AVRX3000 zone 1 > Krix Acoustix F, Centrix
C, Holographix R & Original Seismix 7 15" 400w RMS sub
*Alfresco*as above zone 2 > Krix Tropix
*Others*SB Player/androids > Bose Soundlink Mini
*SBT/SB Player Remotes* Squeeze Ctrl/androids