bpa wrote:
> If you are messing with the file. You should check whether the file
> FASTSTART enabled (i.e. streamable) is an issue.
>
> A file is "streamable" when the index to audio frames is placed at start
> of the file (i.e Flag FASTSTART is enabled when file is created).
>
> The following command will make a MPEG4 file streamable.  The audio
> encoding is not changed.

Code:
--------------------
  >   >
  > ffmpeg -i input.m4a -acodec copy -movflags +faststart output-audio.mp4

--------------------

I ran that command on the AAC/M4A file:

Code:
--------------------
    Stream mapping:
  Stream #0:0 -> #0:0 (copy)
  Press [q] to stop, [?] for help
  [mov,mp4,m4a,3gp,3g2,mj2 @ 0x55ea023e6980] Packet corrupt (stream = 0, dts =
7911424).
  01 The Tears Of A Clown.m4a: corrupt input packet in stream 0
  [mov,mp4,m4a,3gp,3g2,mj2 @ 0x55ea023e6980] stream 0, offset 0x2be9ec: partial
file
  01 The Tears Of A Clown.m4a: Invalid data found when processing input
  [ipod @ 0x55ea023fe6c0] Starting second pass: moving the moov atom to the
beginning of the file
  size=    2792kB time=00:02:59.39 bitrate= 127.5kbits/s speed= 373x
  video:0kB audio:2760kB subtitle:0kB other streams:0kB global headers:0kB
muxing overhead: 1.131287%
--------------------

The problem persists after running that command.  I'm not sure if the
errors given indicate an actual problem or not.

For the ALAC files, they are transcodes from flac, and are tracks in
different albums by different artists from different sources.  On one
album, other tracks exhibit the same issue in a grouped player or set of
synchronized players, but not to a singular player.  On another, it's
just the one track.

When played in a singular player, problematic tracks do something
strange, visually.  In Material Skin while watching the progress bar,
the track hits the 10 to 9 seconds left mark, the audio from the problem
track continues to play, but the progress bar switches to the next
track.  It's as if the player is confused about what's happening.  When
played as a group, when the track hits the 10 to 9 seconds left mark,
the audio skips to the next track at the same time the progress bar
does.