Rasputin_GY wrote:
> Thanks @bpa! Really appreciate your support on this. Please find
> attached an example m3u8. Please let me know if you might need
> additional information.

The sample is good.

>From a technical perspective - they are using old HLS "#EXT-X-VERSION:3"
and MPEG2-TS stream which has video, audio and possibly timed ID3
metadata.  I assume the plugin is playing stream audio OK.

The PLayHLSv2 plugin discards any video but video still has to be
downloaded so overall data rate will be high but audio data rate will
only be a fraction of it.

The plugin does not process "Timed metadata" because I never seen one
actually working.

In the stream there are Twitch specific directives and use of Daterange
but it seems they can be ignored. I am noting this stuff here in case
things change.

Code:

  #EXT-X-TWITCH-TOTAL-SECS:6625.200

#EXT-X-DATERANGE:ID="source-1621542776",CLASS="twitch-stream-source",START-DATE="2021-05-20T20:32:56.505Z",END-ON-NEXT=YES,X-TV-TWITCH-STREAM-SOURCE="live"