bpa wrote:
> I booted up a Pi and I think there is something else happening not just
> the name quoting - possible the need to reload init.d after edits.

Must admit, I was starting to think the problem might be elsewhere. I've
done 'systemctl daemon-reload' and 'service logitechmediaserver restart'
in my testing and it seems to make no difference. With just
SL_NAME=Player in the parameter file, LMS recognises the player straight
away, no restarts of LMS nor init.d reloads needed. So, no urgency
bpa... in fact, if you want to forget it completely then that's OK with
me too. :)