slartibartfast wrote:
> Oh OK, where is the setting for personalisation for the BBC account?
>
> Edit. Found it. What happens if you log out of the BBC Sounds app and
> back in again?
>
> "How to make sure your personalisation setting is updated everywhere
>
> When you change your personalisation setting, it’s updated straight away
> on the web browser you’re using. But it won’t be updated immediately on
> any other browsers, devices or BBC apps you use. So once you’ve changed
> the setting in one browser…
>
> On any other web browsers you use, including on different devices,
> you’ll need to sign out and sign back in again
>
> On any BBC apps on your phone or tablet, you’ll need to sign out and
> sign back in again, then fully close the app and open it again."

Well, I've never enabled personalisation and I never want to ideally! I
think that "continue listening" or "resume watching" should be available
without it but the BBC tie them together on their own websites and apps
to force.... I mean, encourage you to allow data collection if you want
that functionality.

BBC Sounds for LMS allows "continue listening" without personalisation
turned on which I very much appreciate and to me proves that it is
completely independant of personalisation. Just seems annoying that the
BBC take this approach on their own platforms.