Apologies if I have missed the answer to this somewhere, but I'm having
an issue where the sound quality of BBC programs drops right down, such
that it sounds like it’s coming from an old biscuit tin and I have to
turn the volume right up to hear anything.

If I switch to a non-BBC station it is fine and it stays fine when
switching back to the BBC.  It only used to happen infrequently and the
channel hopping fix means that it is something I can live with.
However, recently it is starting to happen more often and so I thought I
might see if there is a more robust fix.

I’m currently using BBC Sounds 2.19.0, but I have had this issue for
quite some time.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.