the plugin's setting page wrote:
> Title Formats are available for selection both in the web interface and
> on players. They can be used to display a short string or a character on
> the Now Playing screensaver and the Music Information plugin screensaver
> or to append a string to the track title
> once you've set your custom title format .. you'll find it on the *LMS
> settings > Interface page*
Custom title formats can be used for many things and in many ways I
guess, just like kidstypike said.

EXAMPLE 1:
[/B]-SEARCH STRING-: JPS, -FORMAT NAME:- PEEL, -DISPLAYED TITLE FORMAT
STRING-: (JOHN PEEL SESSION)

ON THE LMS SETTINGS > INTERFACE PAGE YOU'D FIND A NEW TITLE FORMAT
UCTI_PEEL  (= PLUGIN ID PREFIX + FORMAT NAME IN UPPER CASE)
CREATE AND CHOOSE A NEW TITLE FORMAT: TITLE UCTI_PEEL
NOW EVERY VIEW THAT USES TITLE FORMATS WILL DISPLAY TRACKS WITH JPS IN
THEIR COMMENT TAGS AS -TITLE NAME (JOHN PEEL SESSION)-. OTHERWISE JUST
THE TITLE NAME.

[B]EXAMPLE 2:
I have a collection of songs that I like very much by bands I saw live,
some are rated, some are not, very different songs from all over the
place.
-search string-: favlive, -format name:- sawthemlive, -displayed title
format string-: black heart icon

I use the custom title format to display some icon on the now playing
screen of my -Boom- device using the -Music Information Screen- plugin.
there should be a custom title format called UCTI_SAWTHEMLIVE on the LMS
settings > Interface page
I'll create a new one called RL_RATING_STARS UCTI_SAWTHEMLIVE and on the
LMS settings > Player > Music Information screen page > Screensaver Two
lines (standard) so I can display both, track ratings and this icon
I choose this title format for the upper left corner to display
available track ratings and the black heart in case the current song
belongs to that group.

I'm not sure if my explanations helped but I hope they gave you at least
an idea of what you can do with this plugin.