cpd73 wrote:
> For 2.6.1 I -think- i have resolved the issue where swiping up from the
> bottom in Android (and iOS?), to show the navigation bar, caused
> Material to switch view. ....
> So, my question is, should I leave the WebApp in "standalone" mode (with
> controls shown), or run in "fullscreen" (pre 2.6.0 behaviour) now that
> the issue is resolved? It would be nice to allow both, but (AFAIK) a web
> app can only have 1 manifest file - and its this file that defines the
> mode.

The way 2.6.2 works is not working for me on my Pixel 4 xl, (any
navigation bring back the notification shade and the bottom bar, so
every click has to be double, first bring the shade, second go to the
Material UI) but I understand that you have other issues with the other
solutions.

Can you make a switch/toggle in the settings to make the manifest file
one or the other?