raglencross wrote:
> "http://raspberrypi:9000/stream.mp3?player=Alexa-OSP4A"; results in
> playback in the Chrome browser on a W10 PC with Alexa-OSP4A shown as a
> player in the LMS GUI. With some Googling, I was able to determine that
> the two offending Alexa's have up to date software (as do the 2 working
> ones), but there is no way to determine when the updates occurred.

That at least verifies that it's not an LMS issue.

>From the Amazon dev forums, it's evident that this problem crops up from
time to time and is related to the Echo's firmware:
https://amazon.developer.forums.answerhub.com/questions/217143/media-error-unknown-device-playback-error.html

I've modified the streaming code to retry up to 3 times if the
stream-attempt results in an error. I cannot verify how effective this
will be because I can't reproduce your issue on my Echos. Give it a
whirl and see if this helps. Before you do, just say "Alexa, stop" to
the Echo in question to clear any persistence from other skills
'claiming' the Echo for potential resumption.