Cut-Throat wrote:
> Well, it has gotten better, but I still can not get it to perform
> 'without a hitch' for over an hour...... I have been listening this
> afternoon and after about 45 minutes, the 'pause' symbol appeared on my
> TV and the Music Stopped. I clicked to the next track and it worked
> again for about 1/2 hour until I noticed that the Next Track appeared on
> my TV, while the current Track playing on my Raspberry Pi was only about
> half over.... I let it play and it eventually caught up and synced up
> again.
>
> But, I will say this..... This Plugin has improved immensely from last
> year when I was using it... So, Thanks again for your innovative work on
> this!

It just occurred to me that, for your purposes, you should look into
using the Squeeze Ctrl Android client app, which supports casting the
visual metadata of the currently playing track to any Chromecast device.
The app costs $5 but is well worth it for unique features such as this.
The CC display is customizable both in content and color scheme. Not to
say it's perfect. On my rather outdated and underpowered system, there
can sometimes be a noticable pause near the beginning of a hires track
as the metadata is processed. However, it's worth looking at if you have
an Android phone or tablet. I believe that there is a free trial period
if it doesn't meet your needs. Here's an example of the display on my
system:
35930

|Filename: IMG_20211013_102723.jpg                                  |
|Download: http://forums.slimdevices.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=35930|

Sam