SamY wrote:
> First of all, I get the following error when opening the Denon combo
> box:
>
> 35981
>
> The power on/off buttons work but none of the others, i.e. no muting,
> volume, or inputs.
>
> The Deviceinfo command returns the following error:

Code:
--------------------
--------------------

> So it looks like I missed the http 'cut' by one model. Btw, I bought
> my 3311ci new in 2011 and, so far, have not found a compelling reason
> to replace it. Before that, I had a 3808 that was destroyed in a fire
> and a 5600 that became a dinosaur with the flood of new tech standards
> in the first decade of the 2000's.
>
> Have you had a chance to try the plugin again with the client audio
> menu activated? I'd be interested in your thoughts on it.

Looks that way.  Generally the "X" devices are the ones that support the
AppCommand.xml interfaces (though my 3313 does as well).  Then from 2016
on, the AVRS do not seem to have the single connection limitation on
Port 23 and they support additional interfaces (AppCommand0300.xml).
The 2016+ models also have very fast response times over http, about 80
times faster than pre-2016 models.

OK, well I need to add some steps to not allow manual add for 2011 and
before, for my case.  Anyway, this is helpful info.

I'm looking forward to trying the latest plugin again this weekend.  I
do have an Android device with Squeezer on it and I do have iPeng on iOS
devices.  I'll take a close look.  The newer models have sound modes I
don't think you support yet and lack certain modes that were present in
the older models.

Thanks for the info!

R Greg Dawson

Squeezelite-X