MarkS wrote:
> Thanks for the reply but that's double Dutch to me...
Sorry, my comment was for Michael.

mherger wrote:
> > Only change is upgrade in Softsqueeze, from 3.8, due to upgrade in
> Mac
> > mini and OSX from 32bit early machine to newer i5 64bit machine.
>
> Maybe it's time to say goodbye to Softsqueeze. It hasn't been updated
> for years, has it? And it never worked as reliably as Squeezeplay to
> start with.
>
> > I don't want to change from Softsqueeze, I like using it and it's
> served
> > me well to date.
>
> But then you updated your host, and the software's compatibility has
> come to an end.

Softsqueeze was updated 3 years ago to fix an 'issue with corrupted
displays on MacOS'
(https://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?109593-Help-debugging-weird-font-display-issue).

It's still a popular download averaging 80 downloads a week, so I'm not
sure we should bin it just yet and those of us who don't own a
transporter find it handy for debugging dual display problems.

MarkS wrote:
> Having spoken to Richard T I now realise you're the custodian of the
> Softsqueeze repository on SourceForge, so you must have an above average
> familiarity with the SS application?

I took ownership of the sourceforge softsqueeze site about 3 years ago
when Richard stopped maintaining it and needed to upload the then new
v3.9.2 builds.

Ralphy

*1*-Touch, *5*-Classics, *3*-Booms, *2*-UE Radio
'Squeezebox client builds'
(https://sourceforge.net/projects/lmsclients/files/) 'donations'
(https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_donations&business=LL5P6365KQEXN&lc=CA&item_name=Squeezebox%20client%20builds&currency_code=USD&bn=PP%2dDonationsBF%3abtn_donate_SM%2egif%3aNonHosted)
always appreciated.