Antoniop wrote:
> Hi everyone,
> First of all, thank you all for being part of this wonderful community
> of enthusiasts, it is very appreciable.
>
> I just upgraded my RPI 3 to bullseye.
> Thanks to trials from slartibartfast, it's working.I took up the frankd
> tutorial for this new version and I noted what I did

> -The libc6:i386 Deb Package needs to be modified to match the version of
> its Raspbian equivalent (which has an additional +rpi1)-
> Check the current libc6 version of the Raspberry: dpkg -s libc6:armhf
> It's
> Version: 2.31-13+rpt2+rpi1
> - Find the equivalent version of the i386 libc Debian package from
> https://packages.debian.org/bullseye/i386/libc6-
> libc6 (2.31-13+deb11u2)
> //Adapt the lines below with the current version://
> cd ~
> wget
> http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/pool/main/g/glibc/libc6_2.31-13+deb11u2_i386.deb
> mkdir -p newpack oldpack/DEBIAN
> dpkg-deb -x libc6_2.31-13+deb11u2_i386.deb oldpack/
> dpkg-deb -e libc6_2.31-13+deb11u2_i386.deb oldpack/DEBIAN
> nano oldpack/DEBIAN/control
> - Set the version line to the Rasbian version (2.31-13+rpt2+rpi1) -
> Version:2.31-13+rpt2+rpi1
> -and remove the dependency of libgcc-s1, libcrypt1and ; remove line-
> Depends: libgcc-s1, libcrypt1
> save the file
> rm oldpack/usr/share/doc/libc6/changelog.Debian.gz
> nano oldpack/DEBIAN/md5sums
> -Remove the line with the MD5 Sums for changelog.Debian.gz-
> dpkg-deb -Z xz -b oldpack/ newpack/
> -The new package is now in the subfolder newpack, with the name of the
> new version (e.g. libc6_2.31-13+rpt2+rpi1_i386.deb)-
> //Install the new package://
> sudo dpkg -i newpack/libc6_2.31-13+rpt2+rpi1_i386.deb
>

> Everything wents fine, but LMS is very long to start, about 15 to 20 min
> (I have 22K tracks), as it used to take a few minutes.
> MusicIp seems to be working fine, but it also seems to use more memory
> than before. At some moment, during a library scan, musicip used all the
> free memory including the swap, so the rpi was not responding anymore.
> I'm just trying a few things now until someone has an idea. I'm starting
> to disable the swap, because I didn't have any previously and set
> musicip to start at boot as before, and see what happens.

I don't use the LMS MusicIP plugin any more. I use mipmixer which is
used with "Don't stop the music". The advantage is that LMS does not
need to import the MusicIP data and doesn't use excessive memory during
the scan. The disadvantage is it is no longer possible to start a
MusicIP playlist directly from the LMS interface. But playing a single
track with "Don't stop the music" enabled starts a playlist.
Seems odd that LMS would take 20 minutes to start. Do you mean you can't
play music for 20 minutes when you restart LMS or reboot the Pi?

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk