Peter Galbavy wrote:
> It's great when this happens, isn't it? In different code universes I
> can safely say "been there, done that".
>
> Given the app is modern-ish Windows only and I am sure the Microsoft
> Store will happily deal with dependencies for you, I say go for it.
> Makes the standalone installer, on the other hand, more of a chore but
> then how many years now have we had installers pulling in Visual Studio
> or whatever redistributables as a requirement?

Well, surprisingly, the Microsoft Store does not have support for
installing this dependency.  And they may never add support either,
because their goal is to already have it installed on all machines.  For
now, the recommended approach is to detect at application runtime and
run installer if needed.  WebView2 is a per system install and therefore
requires elevation, so that complicates things since a Store app is per
user.  So, if someone who is not an admin were to update to the new
webview2 version of SLX, but does not have webview2 installed, they
would be dead in the water until an admin allows installation.  On the
plus side, since Microsoft has been quietly installing Webview2 on
machines since last April, I don't think there are many machines that
are lacking WebView2.  So, I need to try and test all the possibilities.
I'm not in any particular rush, but I am working on it.  I do really
like WebView2 vs Chromium Embedded Framework.

R Greg Dawson

Squeezelite-X