prabbit wrote:

> It was a fantastic tool that allowed us to create mixes based on a
> variety of attributes — just like the ones in the music-similarity
> database. It had slider bars that allowed us to set a range for various
> attributes and then build a playlist from the tracks that met that
> criteria.
>
> Imagine I want to query the music-similarity database for all songs with
> these values and produce a playlist—that was SmartMix and that's what I
> think the purpose of those values would or could be.
>
> >   >   >
  - happy: > 0.9
  - aggressive: 0.4 - 0.6
  - danceable: >0.75
  - electronic: >0.8
  - dark: >0.5

You can basically do this with 'LMS Essentia'
(https://www.nexus0.net/pub/sw/lmsessentia/) (using either extgui4lms or
the LMS Playlist Editor as a frontend)

if you are interested in some background info regarding
musly/essentia/similarity, see 'this thread'
(https://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?113483-Similarity-(Essentia)-DSTM-mixer-call-for-help)

'Various SW' (https://www.nexus0.net/pub/sw/): Web Interface | Text
Interface | Playlist Editor / Generator | Music Classification | Similar
Music | Announce | EventTrigger | Ambient Noise Mixer | DB Optimizer |
Image Enhancer | Chiptunes | LMSlib2go | ...
'Various HowTos' (https://www.nexus0.net/pub/documents/LMS/): build a
self-contained LMS | Bluetooth/ALSA | Control LMS with any device | ...