castalla wrote:
> Back again.
>
> Server rebuilt.  Sadly, same outcome as before.  No sound.
>
> Grrrr!

Any error message in dmesg ?

I'm running out of ideas and looking for straws.

The easy option would be to say it is h/w and so give up now. I am not
convinced that h/w is at fault, since track rip worked so I still
believe there is some subtle setup difference.

When you setup the PCP - do you choose any option under Tweaks  or beta
(e.g. overclocking, dwc_otg setting, FIQ, user commands) ?

Although I'm a bit busy today, I'm trying to figure out how to get a log
from cdda2wav leading up to the stalling.

If you want to try something but I'm not hopeful,  you could try in
Setttins/Advanced/FileTypes disabling CD player _> Flac settings (i.e.
only CD player -> PCM is enabled with cdda2wav) and so make it stream
WAv to player and so remove Flac encoding from transcoding.  If it works
then either the Flac encoder or pipe is at fault.