I found one track on one CD which would always be displayed wrong on
Windows and OK on Linux. I think I have a fix for this issues which I
think may be the same as yours.

The decode routine I use (*Encode::decode_utf8* which is equivalent to
*Encode::decode("utf8",$str)* ) to convert string into UTF-8  apparently
doesn't always, there are time when it doesn't. Although reason are not
clear, it may be related to locale - Linux locales tends to be utf8
whereas windows is cp1252
Attached is modified version of a file in the plugin. CDPLAY.pm - its
use the *Encode::decode("UTF-8",$str)* which should always convert into
UTF-8.  It seems utf8 is not the same as UTF-8 or even utf-8 - all
different. I can't see the point in having a conversion routine that
only sometimes converts !

The attached CDPLAY.pm is to be installed in the LMS
Cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugs/CDplayer

Stop LMS, replace the CDPLAY.pm file and then restart LMS and see it it
makes a difference.

|Filename: CDPLAY.pm                                                |
|Download: http://forums.slimdevices.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=37332|