My apologies if I am posting in the wrong thread, if so a link to a more
correct thread would be appreciated. I am not using the UPNP bridge for
this issue, just connecting through UPNP.

I use the app USBAudioPlayerPro on my Google Pixel 3A.  Using the
UPNP/DLNA server connection on USBAPP connects immediately to the LMS
(running on piCorePlayer) when I am on wifi connected to my home
network.  No issues when I am home on wifi

When I am out of the house, I use OpenVPN (VPN is running on my Netgear
Router) to connect to my home network.  Wifi is turned off on the phone,
I am using Verizon Data.
USBAudioPlayerPro cannot 'find' my LMS server unless I _restart_ LMS.
As soon as I restart LMS, USBAPP connects.  This only happens when I am
using VPN.

I can connect using the 'Network' option on USBAPP without having to
fiddle with restarting LMS.

I am not sure if this is an issue with Google Pixel, USBAudioPlayerPro,
or LMS.  I am suspecting USBAudioPlayerPro, as there are other flukey
things that I have to do with other options, but perhaps there is
something simple on the LMS side that I have overlooked.

I'll eventually contact the development team for USBAPP as I have done
in the past with some other minor questions, but I thought that I would
start here to eliminate the obvious.  Thanks!

I can supply any logs, etc. needed to analyze this if necessary.