RobbH wrote:
> Because of some issues with internet service, I currently have the Qobuz
> plugin set to use "FLAC Hi-Res 24 bits / 96 kHz" as the preferred
> format. When I play a file with 192 kHz sample rate, LMS displays the
> original sample rate:

Code:
--------------------
--------------------

> On one DAC that makes it easy to check status, I see that what's
> playing is actually 96 kHz.
>
> What's happening here? Shouldn't Qobuz be handling any downsampling,
> sending a 96 kHz stream? The information displayed suggests Qobuz is
> sending the original 192 kHz stream and LMS is having to transcode,
> But that would negate the purpose of that setting, so I doubt that's
> the case.
>
> As far as I can tell, everything seems to be working as it should (for
> me, anyway). It's just that the info display is confusing. But I can
> live with some confusion.

Whatever was happening five days ago, it's not happening now. When
playing hi-res tracks from Qobuz, LMS now displays the correct sample
rate, not exceeding the maximum defined in Settings. Maybe the glitch
was on Qobuz's end, or maybe there was some error in my system that was
corrected by a reboot.

Usually running latest beta LMS nightly on Raspberry Pi OS with virtual
players (Squeezelite and Airplay bridge). Occasionally using SB Radio,
Boom or Classic.