After upgrading Mac mini M1 to Ventura, SB Touch cannot play DSD files
any more. I get the message that DSD Player is not compatible with the
server version (8.3.0).

Hmm... are you sure you only updated macOS? Did this work before? Because the binary is in a folder which would I have expected to fail before (darwin-x86_64). We would only be looking in 'darwin' or 'darwin-thread-multi-2level'. And I don't see how this would have changed with an OS update.

For the time being you can copy the darwin-x86_64 to just darwin, and it should work again.