It seems that when LMS is upgraded to version 8.3.x  on macos,  it also
used perl5.34  (and/or possibly a custom version of perl from the LMS
team)

Code:
--------------------
    Logitech Media Server Version: 8.3.1 - 1670824772 @ Mon Dec 12 07:19:58 CET
2022
  Hostname: Fredericks-Mac-Mini.local
  Server IP Address: 192.168.68.58
  Server HTTP Port Number: 9000
  Operating system: macOS 12.5 - EN - utf8
  Platform Architecture: Apple M1
  Perl Version: 5.34.0 - darwin-thread-multi-2level
  Audio::Scan: 1.06
  IO::Socket::SSL: 2.072
  Database Version: DBD::SQLite 1.58 (sqlite 3.22.0)
  Total Players Recognized: 2

According to an earlier post here by Philippe, his shairtunes2w  does
not work with perl5.34.

Forcing use of perl5.18, as suggested in this thread by Pazzazu worked
for me on my intel mac, but it did not work for me on my M1 mac -- LMS
simply wouldn't start when forced to use perl5.18.

Executive summary:  there seems to be a conflict between expectations
for versions of perl in LMS 8.3.x on macos and in shairtunes2w vs.
1.0.x.