SamY wrote:
> It's all good news to me. I don't have to mess with packet sniffers.
>
> Same here. So what's the significance of the 2 minutes? Are you running
> Win10 Home or Pro? I was thinking that might make a difference. Running
> Home here. Would the LMS Network streaming mode come into play? I
> changed it from Cached to Persistent but no change. Also activated
> support for Websocket on Windows, which is not installed by default on
> Home. Don't ask me why I did it. Sheer desperation, I suppose. No dice
> though. My next step is to change the KeepAliveTime to something less
> than 2 minutes, e.g. '100000' just as an experiment. In the meantime,
> happy sniffing! :D

Some semi-happy sniffing indeed... So it's clearly an abrupt shut-off
from Windows side (RST, ACK - not a proper FIN, ACK) but I still have no
idea why. I've tried the following and it would be interesting if you
could confirm: the squeezecast app can run on anymachine, it does not
have to be on the computer that runs LMS. When I run it on another Win10
machine, it runs fine (just take the binary from
ProgramData/squeezeboxserver/Cache/InstalledPUlings/Plugins/CastBridge/Bin).
This 99.99% excludes any LMS implication. Of course, in one case the
socket is localhost to localhost, in the other it goes over the network
and that changes the pattern & timing, but still, it is very very
unlikely that it is not bloody Windows closing localhost sockets for
some reason.

LMS 8.2 on Odroid-C4 - *SqueezeAMP!*, 5xRadio, 5xBoom, 2xDuet, 1xTouch,
1xSB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000, ShairPortW,
2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, Squeezelite on Pi,  Yamaha
WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5, RivaArena 1 & 3