w3wilkes wrote:
> I can create a "Dynamic Playlist" and set the number of tracks to like
> 1000 (this way it got all 398 tracks that met my criteria), add it to
> the queue and then save it as an M3U playlist for use on my phone.
With DPL4 you can actually save the result for a dynamic playlist as a
-static- playlist. You can enable this in DPL's settings by checking
-“Allow saving dynamic playlists as static playlists“-. Maybe it will
save you some time.

w3wilkes wrote:
> where it saves the SQL? Or is the SQL generated every time the playlist
> is played or added to the queue?
DPLC creates 2 files in the -DynamicPlaylistCreator- folder (default
location in the LMS playlists folder unless changed in DPLC's settings.
I've tried to explain this in more details in the '*DPLC FAQ*'
(https://github.com/AF-1/lms-dynamicplaylistcreator#faq).

w3wilkes wrote:
> Also in Dynamic Playlists 3 (and probably 4) there was an option to
> "Edit" playlists in the "Dynamic Playlists Creator" section where it
> lists the DPLC playlists.
It was there at some point, then mysteriously disappeared. Should be
back in DPL 4.0.1.

w3wilkes wrote:
> It would be nice if in DPLC where it lists created playlists if there
> was a "Play" option along with the "Delete" and "Edit" options.
DPLC does not contain any code to play songs or handle parameters -
which it would need to start dynamic playlists with -user-input
parameters-. SQLPlayList contained a lot of duplicate code from DPL *2*,
especially for this purpose. I guess, this was rather unproblematic and
manageable at the time, because the number of user-input parameters in
DPL *2* was more limited and less complex (no multiple selections, no
preselection etc.).
I decided to create DPLC more as a kind of dynamic playlist construction
kit without duplicate code, which should make the plugin easier to
maintain and update. That's why there's no play button.

w3wilkes wrote:
> After messing with DPLC w/DPL3 I'm thinking DPLC deserves it's own
> "Announce" thread.
DPLC is and will remain a release candidate version for the foreseeable
future until the templates have been used and tested extensively by many
users. Unfortunately, I simply don't have the time to test the templates
against the myriad of possible parameter combinations. There may still
be some bugs in the templates and that's why I've hesitated so far to
create an annouce thread. But maybe it's time and maybe I'll do it in
January, in any case *after* the release of the *next update which will
drop DPLC support for -Dynamic Playlists- version 3*. BTW thanks for
your patience. I don't come to this forum as often as I used to. So
replies may take a while. But I'll try to pop by on the weekend or at
least every other weekend. Not the next one though :-)

For '*bug reports*' (https://github.com/AF-1/), *FAQ* (if available) and
more detailed information about my plugins, please see the
'*GitHub*' (https://github.com/AF-1/) page or
the *first post* in the support thread for a plugin. Please post *bug
reports* for my plugins *only* on '*GitHub*' (https://github.com/AF-1/).
Thank you.