Nothing shown in the terminal? What with "spotty.exe -v"?

Not sure if I replied to this, but just crashes.

I'm pretty sure there's a problem with some "security" package. A firewall blocking outgoing traffic, or the AV considering the helper's activity dangerous or whatever.

As you can run it with just "-x" all the dependencies seem to be available. Otherwise it wouldn't run at all. But that parameter would only report some capabilities and version numbers etc. It wouldn't do any networking connections. Other modes would try to connect to Spotify's servers - which for whatever reason and however crashes the helper.

So please double check the AV you have, your firewall etc. to make sure you allow spotty.exe unlimited _outgoing_ communication.