Is there a plugin that can limit the maximum headphone output volume, to
protect ones ears from years of late night headphone listening and the
temptation to 'crank it to 11'?  A lot of digi music players have this
option and while it may not be popular with the young folk, those of us
over 30 probably want to hang on to our senses for as long as we can!

If there isn't one, I might consider making one - I notice there is a
volume lock plugin, that might be a good place to poke around as a
starting point - or perhaps Peter this is something you'd find
easay-ish to add?

Especially given the duet controller, which may well end up in quite a
few bedrooms once it can play music directly, this would be a nice
feature.

Would be nice if it factored in replaygain and had a sensible defualt
max volume, but was configurable per player.  Of course I guess the
actual output volume depends on the actual headphones and the strength
of signal needed to drive them...

Would this be interesting to anyone other than me??  Any further ideas
what it should do, how it should work etc?

I'm a total novice in Perl but have about 20 other languages behind me
so figure it can't be too hard to get started, but I run a business so
time is tight so if there is a volunteer out there that would find this
easy...that would be most excellent!!

--
bossanova808