mherger;354148 Wrote:
> > after some time (haven't figured out yet if other reasons are
> involved)
> > i'm loosing updates to the BUFFER variable as used by MIS. It stays
> at
> > 0% although by switching to <now playing> and <show buffer fullness>
> > can confirm "buffer" contains and is updates with values.
>
> Is this related to using remote streams? There's not much in there for
>
> local music which could go wrong.
>
> Michael

This is with transcoded streams (can't test right now if the same
happens without transcoding). But even with local music this works (or
used to work) showing 100% when the buffer is full. If the file (e.g a
128bkit/mp3) is smaller than the buffer, BUFFER will count down until
10seconds before the end, when the next file ist requested/buffered.

It's strange that this works for some time/tracks (i.e BUFFER reflects
the actual buffer state) until it stops updating BUFFER. I haven't
found a more realiable way yet to reproduce this...

thanks,
Markus

--
schiegl