Thanks for your reply vdeknock.

I'd never had problems until I upgraded everything: 1GB Disk + latest
version of QNAP Firmware.  The SSOTS promised to make it all so much
simpler, and would have been too if I was using my proper network.

I was hoping to use the automated Extension Downloader, as you say, as
it looked to be much easier, and I would have too, except for my shared
connection issues with the mobile broadband thingy (it's just for
laptops really).

Before the upgrade, and when I had a proper network, I loved using the
Alien BBC, and Last FM.  I used to get occasional buffering problems,
but it usually conincided with the BBC site iself experiencing heavy
traffic, rather then issues with the Alien Plugin.

Anyway, thanks again (and I'll be sure to use the automated processes
next time).

best wishes,

Philip

--