The Windows XP "server" I'm using for SqueezeCenter is also running
HTPC, fileserver, backup etc., so unfortunately I can't have
SvrPowerControl suspend the whole PC just because noone's currently
listening to SqueezeBox :)

I am however VERY interrested in a tool (running in the background)
which could fire commands to "move" idle/turned off players to
SqueezeNetwork before a system-initiated suspend, and move them back to
SqueezeCenter upon resume, for the following reasons:

1) I use a free utility (WakeUp, noeld.com) to prevent Windows from
suspending if there are connections on certain ports, among those 3483
(SqueezeBox receiver). However, even when a receiver is turned off, it
keeps connection/port to the SqueezeCenter open.

2) Aesthetics: If the PC running the SqueezeCenter the receiver is
pointing to goes into suspend, the receiver turns on the annoying "blue
light" :)

Both these problems would be solved if the receiver was pointed to
SqueezeNetwork before suspend :)

I already use PowerSave plugin to automatically turn off idle receivers
(paused/stopped for more than 15 minutes) - I really need the tool
you're proposing :)

--
Innocence