vv3;459673 Wrote:
> I put together a little perl-script to convert LIRC remote definitions
> to the CSV format. I tried to convert the LIRC file for my TV remote,
> and copied it into the plugin directory. When I run the plugin with my
> config file, I can see that IR-signals are emitted, but it does not
> work.
Let me see your lirc file and the squeezeir data file that it produced
and I'll see if I can spot anything.

vv3;459673 Wrote:
> The first value in the CSV format is frequency. How can I determine the
> frequency for my remote?
Difficult if it's not in the lirc file. I guess not all ir learners
used by lirc can discover the info.  It's usually around 35-40kHz and
(usually) isn't too critical, so try 36 or 38kHz and see how it goes.
Unfortunately, some stuff uses frequencies in the 400kHz range that the
duet just can't do.

vv3;459673 Wrote:
> Are there any plans for making the plugin read LIRC files directly?
Yes! The next version will read lirc files, use an xml based config
file, and allow the physical keys to send ir from any screen, not just
from within the applet. So far, I've written a lirc parser, found a
basic xml parser and glued them both together. I still need to write the
bit that responds to key presses and actually sends ir though.

I'm thinking of calling the next version 'DuetIR' as it's going to be
quite different to the current SqueezeIR and I want to make it clearer
that it's for the duet only, not SqueezePlay in general. Sensible?

--
indifference_engine