I use the TitleSwitcher and MusicInfoScreen plugins to switch display
every 15 seconds between

TITLE (ARTIST) and GROUPING (COMPOSER)

i.e. for example "Molto vivace (Leonard Bernstein)" and "Symphony No. 9
(Beethoven, Ludwig van)"

GROUPING is a tag scanned with the CustomScan plugin in which I store
the work title for classical music. For non-classical music GROUPING and
COMPOSER are empty since I set the composer only for classical music.

Since the TitleSwitcher plugin does only switch display if the used
tags are not empty, the result is that for non-classical music the
display of my squeezbox always shows TITLE (ARTIST) while the switching
described above takes place only for classical music. For me that is a
perfect solution that takes into account that for classical music
composer, artist, work, and movement (which is stored in TITLE) should
be displayed while for non-classical music only artist and track title
should be displayed.

This worked perfectly with SC 7.3 for all kind of music sources. In 7.4
it works only correctly for music from my local library but it does not
work correctly for music from internet radios and last.fm.

For example, when I hear music from last.fm the display switches
between

TITLE (ARTIST) and  TITLE

If you look into the enclosed server.log it seems that the
MusicInfoScreen plugin has problems with the COMPOSER tag which is not
set for the last.fm music (although there are no problems with my own
non-classical music for which this tag is also not set).

Same problem happens with internet radio. For example, if I hear radio
station Bayern 3 the display switches between

Top-40 Pop (Bayern 3 97,3) and Top-40 Pop

Note that "Top-40 Pop" is always the contents of the TITLE tag and
"Bayern 3 97,3" is the contents of the ARTIST tag for this radio station
since the real artist names and titles are not transmitted. Of course
the GROUPING and the COMPOSER tags are not set so it seems to be the
same problem as with last.fm.

I don't know if it is a problem with the TitleSwitcher or with the
MusicInfoScreen plugin. But I know that it worked perfectly with SC 7.3
even for last.fm and internet radio.

I enclose also screenshots from the settings for TitleSwitcher and
MusicInfoScreen.

Erland and Michael, could you please look into this problem and check
which plugin causes the problem?

Thanks a lot for your efforts.

|Filename: MusicInfoScreen.jpg                                      |
|Download: http://forums.slimdevices.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=8495|

dip